For many years I have been concerned about the multiple global crises we are facing:
- Apart from the climate crisis, COVID-19 is the most urgent issue facing humanity.
- Climate crisis - see Climate Action Now
- Extreme weather - see Creating Resilience to Extreme Weather
- Eroding democracy - see Evidence for Democracy
- Plastic pollution - see StopPlastics
- Ocean acidification
- Carbon emissions in Ontario
- Canadian emission reduction targets are not ambitious and we aren't on track to meeting the 2030 targets - see Climate Action Now
- Water shortages
- Refugees - see UNHCR
Recently, I have become quite depressed about the lack of action even though there is more awareness of the critical nature of the changing climate.